Hello Family and Friends,

I am doing really well.  I will be getting a new companion soon.  My new companion was called to be the assistant of the mission president.  I am very happy for him, but it is a little sad to see him go.  He and I were working really well together this time around and we have many good results to our work as of now.  My new companion is going to be the old assistant.  His name is Elder Monteiro.  He is from Belo Horizante, which is the capital of Minas Gerais.  It is a huge city.  I really do not know the exact population but I would say around the size of Chicago.  

 The weather is about the same.  I think I am getting used to the weather.  It is much easier now. Although I am sweating bucket all the time. It is really uncomfortable sometimes, but I am getting used to it. I am red. It is my color it seems. I am using the sun block that Mom and Dad sent me for Christmas, and that seems to be helping me just great.  I am not nearly as red as I was and I am getting tan.  Thankfully.  I am looking good. I like it.  It is a nice change of pace, although the rest of my body beside my face and arms is the color or refined sugar.  I am afraid of what people would say if I ever left my house in shorts and a t-shirt.  It is somewhat embarrassing 

Tonight I will be making pizza for a family home evening that we will be having. I am very excited for it. It has been a while since I have made pizza.  I hope I can still please the masses with my culinary mastery.  We hope to baptized this family here soon.  The father and mother need to get married, and we are working on that and they have three children who are already members of the church.  It is good.  Keep Alex Dos Santos in your prayers for me.  

I heard that Lafayette will be getting snow soon. Oh how I miss snow.  Thou knowest not.  Life is good, and it is a good test of faith and patience, and I hope that I will pass this week with flying colors.  

Love, 

Elder Caleb S. Carriere

No comments:

Post a Comment