GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the world cup and everyone is crazy. We tried hard to work, but our numbers this week went to the toilet because of the games. It is crazy. It was ordered by our mission president that we have to arrive in our houses half and hour or an hour before the Brazil games start and we cannot leave until half and hour after. It is really crazy, my companion and I were studying and we could hear our neighbors yelling, cheering, and making all sorts of noise. It is a real deal here. For an example, the banks in Brazil held a special meeting to discuss that they would not open there branches during the games, so a little bit before each Brazil game they close up shop and then after then all open up later with extended hours, to make up for the two or three hour loss. It is crazy.

I am doing well. This week... lets just say that I am glad that it is over. A lot of things happened that left my companion and I high and dry. We are teaching a family that the oldest daughter was baptized a little bit before I arrived. The family was progressing so well, and still are I really hope, but she goes and makes a rather immature and stupid decision to runaway from home and starting living with a drug/arms dealer. Oh, I also forgot she has a one and a half year old daughter who she also took with her. Her family is heart broken and is thinking about moving away from the city to a smaller city that does not have our church. I am really worried about that.

A lot of thinks like that happened,but I know that this week will be better. I have all the confidence and faith that it will be. But as always keep me in your prayers and thoughts.

Love,

Elder Caleb S. Carriere

No comments:

Post a Comment