One Last Climb

Dear Family,


How are you all doing? I am doing just fine. I climbed up the mountain one last time. I liked it. It was a lot of fun. I am, however, very tired, and I would like to take some time off of everything. Unfortunately that just does not happen as a missionary. I am doing good beyond that.

This week my companion, and I have been working harder than every before. We are trying to build up our teaching group, because it is a little small and many people are being cut, because they are not progressing the way we would like them to progress. It is a sad thing, but it is a necessary thing every now and again. It is like cutting down a forest, and planting a new one, it takes time, but in the end it is worth the effort that was put in.

Our mission to get the member to get to working is still going strong we had a new ward mission leader called in our area. I am really excited to work with him now, and he is doing a good job up until now. He is a good friend of mine, actually. His name is Antão. He was baptized about two and a half years ago, and he is a strong member of the Church. He was serving as the ward's young men president, until he was called this week. He is a hard working man. He will do just good and fine on his new calling.

As for me, I am fine. Cannot complain too much. Life has been good to me thus far and I am just loving it here. I got Alyson's gift this today. I am looking froward to make the brownies. That is something that does not exist here. It is good to have a little slice of home. The closest thing that they have here is translated to ( and remember they are not racist here) "crazy negro cake". Which is good, but it is not as good as brownies which does not sound so racist.


I am doing well, and I hope you all are too, and remember always look on the bright side of life.


Love,

Elder Caleb S. Carriere

No comments:

Post a Comment