YIPE Indy is getting a Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I have a lot to remember and a lot to forget.  First off, what the heck, Indiana is finally coming out of the dark and into the light.  I have never been happier save it be the day that I got the higher priesthood from Dad.  I leaped, yes literally leaped from my chair and yelled with joy, "yipe."  The fortunate thing about it was I was in a small room watching the conference in English with all the other American missionaries, and so I was not embarrassing anyone but myself.  I really do not mind however, because Indiana, my home sweet home, is getting a temple. 


I have made it a goal, that the rest of my life I will never miss a session of conference.  I am super excited about the things which I learn from the Apostles and the Prophet.  It is a wonder who the world every got by without them.  The insights and treasures of knowledge which they have is beyond my understanding at the moment.  For instance that discourse of Elder Oaks was amazing.  I would have never thought about that.  The importance of two lines of revelation.  The personal or the priesthood lines.  I am glad that I have these intuitive men who receive these wonderful insights on our behalf.  I also realized that it is possible to forget about those things which we have done wrong, if we have repented of those things, and forgetting them is a part of the process of repentance.  That is why I say I have much to forget. 

This was also a great weekend for me.  I had the opportunity to baptize someone, well I did not baptize him, but I was there, and I taught and marked the man's date.  His names is Eleandro Aparecido Salvador.   He is married to the gospel principles professor in our ward here, and he has been going to church for many years now, and my companion and I were not the first missionaries to have taught him. The trick was that we got him to read the Book of Mormon, and that book, my friends, speaks more than we could ever. We gave him a couple of pages to read, and also our testimonies of this books truth and divinity, and said just continue to read. He travels, and works mostly way from home, so we had very little chance to actually teach the man, but according to his wife we would not put the book down.  He read, and understood, and put away the things that were a stumbling block for him, like alcohol and coffee to know the truth a little bit more. 

I am very grateful for all of you and the love and support that I get from whoever reads these words.  Life is great, and as President Henry B. Eyring said this weekend, we must slow down and take it all in. 

I am looking forward to seeing all you once again, but I am also not ready to return just yet, I have a lot of work to do, and little time to do it in, and as the hymn says, "be still and know that he is God."

Love,

Elder Caleb S. Carriere.



ps. This weekend was also the Brazil's presidential elections.  I think that Dilma won, which is Brazil's first woman president.

No comments:

Post a Comment