13 more days...

Hello Family, Friends, and Romans,

Alright the Roman things was a bit of a joke, but all the same I am in good spirits. How are you guys doing? Tudas Coisas aqui no Brasil é ir muito bom. That roughly translates to everything here in Brazil is going very well. I might be off in my sentence structure, but all the same.

I have been doing really well, and I see that my photos have been put on to the blog. Do I not looks skinnier. I feel it to. None of my pants fit me anymore and I have to keep my hands in my pockets in order to keep them up when I walk. They fall down if I do not keep them up. My belt does not work either. I do not have my stomach anymore to keep it on my body.

Things here about the same. I do not have anything more to tell you other than that. I have not lost any weight from last week. I am still at 15 pounds. The other thing is that we are working on the Second lesson in Portuguese. I got to teach about the Atonement with my instructor Irmão Melo (that is brother Melo in English). I felt really good about it.
My Portuguese has been improving a lot over the last week. I am understanding more, and reading more, but speaking is still a trouble, but I know that with time I will get it.

I got letters from Mom, Alyson, and Erynn. Sorry Amy your package has not arrived yet, but I hope to get in the next week. I have written Mom, back, and I am going to send Dad a post card today. So I hope that you guys will see São Paulo. It is something... I really have no way of describing it. It is the second largest city in the World, and it is evident by all the large buildings and congested highways.

I am in high spirits. I am really excited for Friday, and the weekend in General, but on Friday we are going to go proselyting in Down Town São Paulo. I am super excited. I have been waiting on pins and needles to have another try at it.

I leave in 13 days for the field. Eu vou partir em 13 dias para o campo.
Dad was wondering about how I am going to get to Santa Maria from São Paulo. From what I have been told I will be leaving the CTM around 5 to 6 in the morning to get to the airport. From the Airport we fly to Porto Alegria, which is the capital of Rio Grande do Sul. Once we arrive in Porto Alegria we will be picked up by some of the AP's of the Porto Alegria Mission who will put us on a Bus and then we will be bused to Santa Maria. I have heard the trip takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. Then we will be picked up by our AP and then go to the mission home where I have heard we will spend the night there until the next morning, then we will go to our areas.

I would ask that you all put my mission home address on the blog. By the time I get anymore letters from you guys I will be in Santa Maria and I will take a transfer or two to get anything to me if it was sent to the CTM.

I love you guys, and I love to hear from you all. It bring joy to my week, and lets me know that I am supported by those I love.

I will talk to you later,

Sincerely yours,

Elder Caleb S. Carriere

No comments:

Post a Comment